Warranty Claims Undertaken
Free Recovery &
Diagnostics (terms apply)
0% Finance Available on Repairs
12 Month Guarantee Across All Vehicles
Gearbox & Transmission Repairs Specialist
Guaranteed protection on your manufacturer's warranty
- Manual gearboxes
- Automatic gearboxes
- Semi-automatic gearboxes
- DSG & Mechatronic gearboxes
- Powershift gearboxes
Common Gearbox Problems
- Not selecting gear
- Dropping out of gear
- Gearbox not responding in 'Drive'
- Noisy gearbox i.e. whining/crunching
- DSG Mechatronic Unit faults
- Desynchronised transmission
- Gearbox leaking oil or fluid
The Benefits of Our Gearbox Repairs
- All major manufacturers & models
- Warranty companies/claims undertaken
- Vehicle recovery or collection
- Full diagnostics & reprogramming
- Manufacturer's Warranty protected
- 0% finance option for costs over £350
- 12-month warranty on all parts
A faulty gearbox can drastically impact the performance of your vehicle, as it plays a vital part in its mechanical operation. Therefore it is of great importance that your gearbox is kept in optimum condition in order to maintain your vehicle's performance. Our highly trained technicians can confidently diagnose any issues with your gearbox, with the help of the latest specialist computer diagnostic equipment.
Gearbox Repairs & Diagnostics for All Major Manufacturers
At Service4Service we provide high-quality gearbox repairs near me, gearbox refurbishment and gearbox replacements for all major manufacturers. We offer repairs for manual gearboxes, automatic gearbox repairs, Powershift gearbox repairs and DSG gearbox repairs. We only use OEM or manufacturer-warranty approved parts to ensure that our customers’ vehicles remain in top condition.
✔ Warranty Claims Undertaken ✔ 0% Finance Options Available ✔ Free Recovery & Diagnostics ✔ 12-Month Guarantee
We can provide fast and inexpensive Audi gearbox repairs and transmission fault diagnosis, including S-Tronic, Multitronic, DSG transmissions and DSG Mechatronic repair.
We can diagnose Ford Powershift, Dual-Clutch, Tremec & Getrag transmission faults. We also offer Ford gearbox repairs, reconditioning and refurbishment, which can help save you money.
Land Rover Gearboxes
Land Rover gearbox repairs are an important part of your car maintenance needs. At Service4Service we offer our customers a high-quality Land Rover gearbox replacement service.
Save money on Nissan gearbox repairs including CTV transmission faults. Our technicians can diagnose any issues with your Nissan gearbox and advise you on the best course of repair. We only use approved parts.
Mercedes gearbox repair, gearbox reconditioning and refurbishment are available, including 5G, 7G & 9G TRONIC transmission faults. We can advise you on the best course of repair for your vehicle.
Skoda gearbox repairs including DSG gearbox problems. We also offer Skoda gearbox reconditioning and refurbishment, which can help save you money on gearbox replacement costs.
BMW gearbox repairs and diagnostics, including BMW automatic gearbox repairs, ZF transmissions and BMW gearbox replacement. Book a repair with a BMW gearbox specialist.
Service4Service offer high-quality Volkswagen gearbox repairs, for both VW manual gearboxes and Volkswagen automatic gearboxes, including the diagnosis and repair of DSG faults.
Local and affordable Vauxhall gearbox repairs including F17, F18, F23, M20 & M32 faults. Our technicians can confidently diagnose any issues with your Vauxhall gearbox.
How Our Car Repairs Work
- Complete our repair enquiry form and await a call, or call us to speak to one of our specialist advisors on 0808 164 0418.
- We’ll try to estimate the issue with your vehicle, based upon the information you provide, along with approximate repair costs. Before inspecting the vehicle, all we can do estimate the faults and costs.
- We will arrange for your vehicle to be recovered into one of our specialist repairs centres in order to give a full diagnosis of the problem and exact costs.
- Should you proceed with major repairs* then the costs incurred for both the diagnostic checks and the vehicle recovery will be reduced to £0! We don’t charge more than repair costs when our customers go ahead with major works with us!
- Diagnostic reports are usually available on the next working day, we don’t want to leave people wondering.
- We work will all the major warranty companies and will process the claim on your behalf to save you additional stress at difficult times.
- We will let you know if there is likely to be any delays to the estimated repair times.
- When repairs are complete and final payments are made or finance agreements are in place, we will attempt to return your vehicle by the end of the following working day.
- You will have an invoice detailing the work completed, including our warranty of 12 months or 12000 miles.
Free Vehicle Recovery & Diagnostics
Subject to our terms & conditions.
Our professional staff will book your service or repair at one of our centres local to you, arranging for your vehicle to be collected from a location that suits you. If any additional or advised work is required, we’ll always call you first. We will not undertake work without your authorisation. There is a 12-month warranty on all parts and labour and your existing manufacturer’s warranty is protected.
Please click the button below to make an enquiry or call us on 0808 164 0418 to book a repair, local to you, with a specialist technician at Service4Service.
Gearbox Repair FAQs
What types of gearbox repairs can you carry out?
We provide several options to rectify a faulty gearbox including reconditioning your existing gearbox, replacing with a new gearbox or replacing with a reconditioned gearbox. Our specialist gearbox technicians only fit Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) approved parts only and all gearbox repairs come with a 12-month guarantee.
Why is my gearbox leaking oil?
Oil leaks can happen for a number of reasons, from wear and tear or broken seals to overfilled oil levels. Over time, your vehicle is at risk of general wear and tear and unfortunately, that includes your gearbox and it’s related connections. Leaks should be fixed quickly, so it’s best to speak to a professional and get your car checked over at an approved garage.
What equipment do you use to repair gearboxes?
At Service4Service, we can confidently diagnose any gearbox issues using the latest computer diagnostic equipment, repairing and replacing only the things that require it, using industry-approved tools and parts.
Will I need a new gearbox if it's slipping out of gear?
It is rare that you will require a new gearbox if it is slipping out of gear. A fault like this can be caused by any number of reasons, such as low fluid levels.
What causes a gearbox to break?
Even when we think we’re taking care of our cars, our gearboxes can still break down, lack of care, poor quality oil and poor driving habits are some of the most common reasons for a gearbox to break.
Should I be worried if my gearbox is making noises?
Unusual noises are one of the most obvious signs that something might be not quite right. Whether it’s whining, whirring, clunking or grinding, if you’re hearing anything out of the ordinary, it can be a sign to contact a gearbox repair specialist.
Why does my gearbox make a grinding noise?
The gearbox shafts need to be moving at the same speed in order to change gears smoothly and when this doesn’t happen, you’ll hear grinding. Modern cars tend to have a synchroniser ring to help keep both parts up to speed, but this can also go wrong from time to time, so it’s best to have things checked out.
Will I need a new gearbox if it's leaking fluid?
We would need to see your vehicle in order to correctly diagnose the issue. A leaking gearbox could be caused by a number of issues which usually only require a minor repair, so you should always visit a gearbox specialist to get it repaired quickly. Ignoring a leaking gearbox might lead to further damage.
Spread the Cost with 0% Interest-Free Finance on Servicing & Repairs
At Service4Service we want to help ease the cost of your car service or any other unexpected vehicle repairs, by offering our customers the option to spread the cost of their repair bill over either four or ten months, interest-free with a choice of car repair payment plans.
4 months interest-free option
- Car repair or servicing costs totalling over £350.
- Spread the cost over 4 months interest-free.
- You pay 25% of the total upon application.
- The remaining 75% is spread over 3 equal monthly payments.
- You must have a valid UK debit card to arrange the payment plan.
10 months interest-free option
- Car repair or servicing costs totalling over £1000.
- Spread the cost over 10 months interest-free.
- Deposit between 10% - 50%.
- Finance subject to acceptance.
- You must have a valid UK debit card to arrange the payment plan.
Areas We Cover
- Leighton Buzzard
- St. Ives
- St. Neots
- St. Austell
- County Durham
- Church Gresley
- Newton Abbot
- Blandford Forum
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Waltham Abbey
- Letchworth Garden City
- Welwyn Garden City
- Scottish Highlands
- Isle Of Wight
- Market Rasen
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- North Yorkshire
- Long Eaton
- Great Milton
- Haselbury Plucknett
- South Yorkshire
- East & West Sussex
- Haywards Heath
- St. Leonards-on-sea
- Tyne and Wear
- Blaenau Gwent
- Colwyn Bay
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Butlers Marston
- Westlothian (Linlithgowshire)
- West Midlands
- West Yorkshire
- St Albans
- Hemel Hempstead
Would definitely recommend and for those who worry, Ask for jon. He honestly can't help enough and he also has a little laugh with you to make you feel a little better.
I especially wanted to thank Jon Wood for the excellent service, advice and guidance and for keeping regularly in touch - nothing was too much trouble for Jon and he was able to answer all of my questions thoroughly so that I could make fully informed decisions.
Service4Service also do routine maintenance as well as major mechanical repairs. I can not rate them highly enough, honesty and trust goes a very long way when dealing with a company, especially if you have never worked with them before.
I highly recommend the services of Service4Service and will be using them next time my car needs servicing or other works.
Work done within the set timeframe and with Ford original parts.
Finance provided without any trouble.
Total Cost, slightly lower than at Ford.
**The lesser star is due to the collection as I had plans and I cancelled only to be cancelled on...but hey such is life.